Here's the 10-minute update blitz:
- We enjoyed a great visit with Mr. Handsome-and-Handy's eldest sister & her husband & their 3 kids. Things 1 & 2 enjoyed their cousin time! We all bonded through hockey, feasting, and my crew went on a Chinatown adventure with them at the end of the week. I got to show my sister-in-law some of my favorite trail walks, too!
- The kids had a great time over spring break, and it's back to school on Tuesday. Sadly, part of spring break was the California kids' 4th grade hurdle: the California mission reports. (So Mr. H&H and I had homework, too.) Thing 1's assigned mission was Santa Clara de Asis. Did you know that Padre Serra traveled more during his time managing the 21 missions than Marco Polo and Lewis and Clark combined?
- Easter was pleasant for us. Things 1&2 got some new Wii games, so there was lots of play. They hardly touched the candy. They did enjoy the egg hunt, and we're still finding a few plastic eggs here & there...why we're glad the Easter Bunny doesn't leave only hard boiled ones for us to hide.
- Like Lori, I had my Reese's egg. :-9
- I also had to get out for a walk, because the sun came out and I'd been feeling really cooped up over the weekend. I walked on the coast trail at dusk, and saw...tons of bunnies! Very Easter-y! I even felt like jogging a bit, even though I'd only planned on walking. So I jogged, oh, maybe a third of the way. The evening air was so crisp and clean by the water. I took a few pictures, and I'll have to share them later.