Happy Lei Day!
"May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii," you know! But I seem to recall there being a custom of "May baskets" on the mainland; I remember making little paper baskets, putting garden flowers in them, and taking them to neighbors. Does anyone still do that sort of thing?
This is on my mind because, well, I always seem to have Hawaii on the brain. But especially so this month, because our hula class will be having its "hoike," or recital. We're doing lots of practicing, and I think it will be lots of fun! Not to mention some tasty food afterward!
Pre-Season Burn Series #3
Race #3 was also at College of San Mateo. I was *this* close to not going, because of the rain that was forecast - but I went anyway and the weather was great! I didn't see the woman from my first two races, but I met a scout leader who was doing his first triathlon.
Race Standings (200 yard swim, 10K stationary spin, 1.5 mile run)
- : 21/24 (2 places lower than February)
- : 12/15 (1 place lower than February)
- : 4/12 (well, that was better!)
- Swim 00:07:08 (6:56 in January, 5:22 in February)
- + Transitions 00:19:33 (21:52 in January, 00:20:45 in February)
- Run 20:12 (19:06 in January, 18:50 in February)
- Total time: 00:46:53.207 (47:54 in January, 00:44:57.176 in February; 43:47 in 2011 at the same event)