Friday, November 21, 2008

Quotable Friday: Annoyingly Cheerful Quotes

Well, it's Friday again, and I've neglected the usual feature for long enough. Today is about annoyingly cheerful quotes...ones that I like, anyway. Do you have any to share? Please, do!

Actually, I couldn't find very many off the top of my head. Here's the one from my Good Earth tea bag that made me think of looking for annoyingly cheerful quotes:
"A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck." ~ James Garfield
This sounded kind of funny-but-painful to me. I guess I do have a mean streak after all...
"Optimism is the cheerful frame of mind that enables a teakettle to sing, though in hot water up to its nose." ~unknown
And finally, this one might just be plain annoying, since true; for some reason I kept it around in a folder full of old Dilbert clippings. Applicable for both running and writing:
"Never mistake a clear view for a short distance." ~ unknown
Have a nice weekend!

No comments: