Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weekly Update, 9/1/09

I'll be moving my weekly updates to Wednesdays for the next 7 weeks, because that is the "check-in" day for The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans' "Shrink for Good" challenge. With "Shrink for Good," each participant buys (weekly) the same amount of food as they amount they lost (for example, see -.5 on the scale, buy an 8 oz. jar of peanut butter). The food collected at the end of the 7 weeks goes to one's local food bank, and one gets a physical sense of how much one has achieved. Good cause? Motivation for my goals? Sign me up!

P.S. - The first week of school has gone well! The kids are rarin' to go every morning and they have made some new friends, and we're getting to know a lot of new people ourselves. Thing 1 loves the morning kickball games. (One of the parents shows up about 15 minutes before school starts and coordinates the game.) Thing 2 likes having some dedicated "mom time" on the playground before school. I wasn't sure if I'd be up for the extra driving every day, but it's nice to get some extra time with the kids.

No comments: