Ugh...not much sleep last night, so I'm not going to write much now. Life is a whirl of work, kids' school stresses (including possible closure of my kids' school due to budget cuts - so lots of school board meetings added to our schedule - and no little "what if..." and freaking out - we love our kids' school), and struggling to keep on an even keel with regard to food and fitness.
On the positive side, I've started my first "pay it forward" hat. I found the yummiest yarn, but I had to do a bit of recalculating the pattern to fit the needles I have. Thing 2 likes the gauge swatch; it became a new blanket for her little animal toys. It's been awhile since I knit in the round, and I rarely knit in such a small yarn (sportweight, which is thinner than the usual kind, which is worsted weight), so the fingers are feeling a bit fumbly. If the first hat turns out totally funky, well, guess Thing 2's stuffed animals get a new hat. ;-)
Progress This Week
("Rethink Your Shrink" goals marked with a *)
7-day blood glucose average: 104 (met goal of less than 120)
7-day fasting blood glucose average: 102 (met goal of less than 120)
Weight goals: Up .2. I'm holding steady, but it would be nice to be able to eat the same and hold steady about 10 pounds lower. What? It doesn't work like that? Damn.
* Calorie tracking: I did not track consistently, but I know I was over my limit by more than 1000 calories during the past couple of weeks. (Hmmm...this seems to be a pattern.)
Fiber: Of the days tracked, I am averaging over 30 grams/day.
Exercise goals: At least 30 minutes 4/7 days, so missed by one day. (Though I suppose I could Monday as double? ;-)
* Total mileage: 24.04 miles
* - Wednesday, 1/20: Missed BodyPump class today. :-( Rode stationary bike at home 23 minutes (5.5 miles) and did strength workout 15 minutes (arms and abs).
- Thursday, 1/21: Rest.
* - Friday, 1/22: 60 minutes - BodyPump class.
- Saturday, 1/23: Active rest (shopping stroll).
- Sunday, 1/24: Utmost sloth.
- Monday, 1/25: Brick workout today, total 75 minutes. 3.41 miles in 35 minutes treadmill run, 12 miles in 33 minutes spin bike, and .5 mile in 7 minutes cooldown on the elliptical.
- Tuesday, 1/26: Ugh, so sore today! Walked 48 minutes, 2.63 miles.
Sleep: Coming up short here on several nights. :-P
Down .5" in the waist (back to lowest point) but up 1" in the hips (up 1" from lowest point); other measurements unchanged.
Goals for Next Week
("Rethink Your Shrink" goals highlighted with a *)
7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or make progress toward goal.
Track calories in my food log.
*Stay within 1000 calories of my limit for the week. (To ensure that I at least maintain.)
Track fiber. Minimum 30 grams fiber/day. (Include both insoluble and soluble sources.)
30 minutes of activity 5 days/week.
*20 miles minimum distance.
*At least one run and one bike; one swim optional this week (it's stormy)
*2 strength sessions (BodyPump + something on my own)
7 or more hours sleep/night.