Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Weekly Update, 8/18/10

I am...

Back from my travels, and happy that Mr. Handsome-and-Handy is, too!  My semi-solo parenting weekend-I had help from my folks-went well.  The kids were great during the trip (and the long, long drive there and back again).  The Lompoc Sprint Triathlon was SO FUN!  I had a fantastic time, and I'm working on the race report.  Mr. H&H's trip was a solemn one, but he did enjoy spending time with his family during the trip.

Not making much progress on my reading.  I didn't get much reading done.  I did enjoy Foodie McBody's excellent post, "Double Book Review: Battle of the Spiritual-Eating Stars."  Darned if her insightful review had me flip-flop a bit on which book was better!  Although, I'd still recommend them both, with the caveat that one or the other may resonate better with a person.  One thing I forgot to mention in my comment over there was that although Ms. Roth talks a lot about her retreats and the positive feedback she received from those who attended, I didn't feel like I missed out, or needed to go sign up for one.  Maybe because I get so much from interacting in the healthy living blogosphere.

Not 100% on my training plan, but I'm okay with it.  Here's the DM chart.  Road trip and "re-entry" played a bit of havoc with my training plan.  I'm going to Cardio Sculpt class today, and I'm going to hit the last Pilates class tomorrow...I just wasn't in the up-before-the-crack mode yesterday.



Sustaining weight and good blood glucose levels.  No change in weight.  7 day overall average was 103 and 7 day fasting average was 107.

I want to...

Work on my running.

Enjoy the last week of kids' summer vacation.

Finish hat #3 and get cracking on hat #4.  I'm much happier with the pattern I'm using.  Maybe it's partly the yarn, which will work better post-hospital for the preemie babies, but I'm going to try and adapt the pattern for the hospital-friendly yarn.

Finish reading Savor.

Sustain weight and good blood glucose levels.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

thanks for the inspiration - i checked out 2 audio books from my church library :)

Lori said...

Glad you are back and that the triathlon was a success!

debby said...

I am looking forward to your race report. And the hats--so nice that you are doing that for the babies.

josie said...

I am also looking forward to the race report!

I'll bet the hats are adorable and much appreciated...I love that you are doing that!

Christie O. said...

I can't wait to hear the race report!! Glad you had a great time, that's what it's all about! (you put your right foot in, you put your left foot in, you put your body in AND YOU SWIM IT ALL ABOUT! you do the tri-pokey and you turn yourself around! That's what it's all about!) It's just not a good day until you can burst randomly into song! LOL

Glad everyone's back and doing well, can't believe it's time for school already!

Angela said...

Looking forward to reading the race report my friend. :D

Sagan said...

You're doing great! I am so happy for you with your triathlon, too.

Yum Yucky said...

Awwww! you make wee little baby hats? Am I reading that right? That's the sweetness. :)