Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sad News Today

Hi to you all,

I'm skipping my regular weekly update today.  My friend J's mom passed away today.  She had suffered from lung disease, so of course my friend has mixed feelings: loss and sadness, but glad her mom is at peace. 

Mrs. J was a great and beautiful lady.  I remember her coming out to California to visit during Mardi Gras, helping her daughter throw her renowned yearly party.  I remember her warmth and charm, and the wonderful food she prepared for us all to enjoy.  She made my wedding veil and gorgeous decorations for the church pews.  But most of all, she raised my friend to be a strong, vibrant, and beautiful woman, who makes a difference in the world.

I'm glad Mrs. J's suffering is over, but I'm so sad for her children and their family, especially for my friend.  They live very far away, so the only way I can be present is through thoughts and prayers, and that makes me feel sad, too.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

thoughts and prayers for the family :(

Fattie Fatterton said...

Thoughts and prayers to you and to her family.

Lori said...

My thoughts are with you and her family.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a lovely person. I know you will treasure your memories of her. Glad you can be a listening ear for your friend right now. Even far away a phone call helps.

debby said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, and your friend's loss. Especially that you are so far from one another. Is this your friend that came for a visit not long ago, and I thought looked like your sister?

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that and that while you can't be there physically, your friend knows you care!

Hugs!

RobinLK said...

Thoughts and prayers... thank you for sharing a beautiful life story with us... HUGS

Sagan said...

Hugs. Thinking of you and her family.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this now. Sending you and your friend my thoughts and prayers. What a sad time.