Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If You've Had Gestational Diabetes, Please Read

If, like me, you've had gestational diabetes, please read Jenny Ruhl's latest article, "Myth Busters: Gestational Diabetes Is Indeed Real Diabetes." Whether you believe the article or no, she offers a compelling argument (convinced me!) and good advice for post-pregnancy follow-up.

If I had known after my first pregnancy what I know now, I guess I would still be doomed (at least 50% chance of doom, anyhow) to develop diabetes. But I would have saved my poor pancreas years of some serious abuse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

INTERESTING!! Im sending this to a friend...thanks.

Joy's Journey in Weightloss said...

Thanks for checking in on me! It was your post that got me back in action.

Anonymous said...

I also had gestational diabetes, and within 8 years I was diabetic.

Thanks for putting that out there though - a lot of people don't know!