Wow, what a week! Not totally to plan, but more "on" than "off." I think cutting back on the nuts and upping my veggies (and fiber) during the week helped more than I thought, especially since we had a date night on Saturday and I indulged. I think my only regret is not having fit in some more strength training.
Progress last week
7-day blood glucose average: 101 (met goal of less than 120)
7-day fasting average: 95 (met goal of less than 120, 100% of days)
Weight goal: -2.4 lbs (met goal of maintain or lose; new "official" low)
- Consumed 4 meatless, low-fat meals and 2 fish meals. (missed meatless meal goal by 1; met fish meal goal)
- Met goal of 30 grams of fiber or greater 6/7 days last week; the one missed day I got 25, the minimum recommended. Upping my fiber has been challenging, but I feel like I'm making better food choices to get there.
- Sugar-free candy removed from the car. The car has long been a place of mindless eating for me, so gum only seems to be a better way to go.
- Met coffee goal 4/5 week days.
Met goal of 30 minutes/day for 5 days. Did 1 run and 2 half-runs, one spin class, one swimming workout, and one walk. Missed strength by 1 workout (made my BodyPump class, missed my home workout).
Misc. goals: Got adequate sleep all but one night. I didn't always brush and floss right after dinner, but will leave that on the goal list.
I'm happy to report some progress here! Bust is down half an inch, waist is holding steady, and hips are down half an inch. Thighs are down 1 inch. Woo hoo!
Goals for this week
7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or lose.
- 4 or more meatless, low-fat meals and 2 or more fish meals.
- Keep the good coffee habit going on week days: 1 coffee/day, with 2T fat-free half-and-half and 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk. Switch to tea and plain water after that first cup.
- Track fiber. Minimum 30 grams fiber/day and work up to consuming 50 grams fiber/day. (Include both insoluble and soluble sources.)
Minimum of 30 minutes of workout 5 days/week. Workout to include at least 1 bike, 1 run, and 1 swim per week, plus 2 strength training per week.
- 7 or more hours sleep/night.
- Brush and floss teeth right after dinner!