Thing 2's 5th birthday was great! Lots of her friends' moms stayed for the party, so it was fun to get to know them a bit better. The birthday girl loved her party, although she got waaaaaay to tired at bedtime and had a major meltdown...fine after a good night's sleep, though. Mr. Handsome-and-Handy and I were pretty wiped out the next day. I even took a nap!
Progress last week
7-day blood glucose average: 98 (met goal of less than 120)
7-day fasting average: 98 (met goal of less than 120, 100% of days)
Weight goal: 0 lbs (met goal of maintain or lose)
- Consumed 5 meatless, low-fat meals and 2 fish meals. (met meatless & fish meal goals)
- Ate >=40 grams of fiber 3 out of 7 days last week, >=25 grams 7 days. (making progress toward the 50 grams/day...gradually.)
- Did well in eating more veggies and fewer nuts during the afternoons.
- Did not meet goal of scaling back coffee. We got some fat free half-and-half, so that should help.
Exercise goals: Got 3/5 cardio workouts last week, although only one combo spin class + 1.2 mile run on the treadmill. Strength trained Wednesday and Monday. (missed cardio goals, met strength training goals)
Misc. goals: Registered for the "See Jane Tri." Got adequate sleep all nights. Still struggling with post-dinner munchies.
Goals for this week
7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or lose.
- 4 or more meatless, low-fat meals and 2 or more fish meals.
- Scale back to 1 coffee/day, with 2T fat-free half-and-half and 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk. Switch to tea and plain water after that first cup.
- Track fiber; work up to consuming 50 grams fiber/day (25 grams insoluble, 25 grams soluble)
- 5x30 cardio (include 1 run and 1 spin)
- 2 strength training
- 7 or more hours sleep/night.
- Brush and floss teeth right after dinner!