Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekly update, 7/14/09

Whew! We're Back!

Well, we're back! This past weekend we did the first two of our Summer '09 Parent Visit Trifecta! We met up with my dad and step-mom in Buellton, and then visited my mom and step-dad in Lompoc. Excellent visits all around, and the kids did pretty well with the trip. (We're hearing more "how much longer" and "are we there yet?" than we used to, in spite of the DVD player. Must find fresh videos....) Lots of food, but lots of walking and pool time, too. Lots of fun! I need to get some photos posted.


Tri Ladies!

I have to give a shout-out to this past weekend's "tri ladies," Lori of "Finding Radience" and Christie O. of "Baby Tea Leaves." They did their first sprint triathlons this past weekend, while I was dodging danish pastries and chocolate shops. Head on over to the links to read of their incredible experiences! So inspiring and exciting, to see how far they have come in their quest for fitness. I felt especially encouraged that although both felt it was hard, they are hooked and will be doing it again. Was it possible for me to feel even *more* pumped/scared about my own tri in September? Guess so!

Progress last week

Back in action with the test strips!
7-day blood glucose average: 97
7-day fasting blood glucose average: 94

Weight goal: -2.4 lbs. (Met goal of either maintain or make progress toward goal. This was weird, because I didn't feel like I ate less, and I didn't do any hard-core workouts after last Wednesday.)

Food goals:
I ended up tracking 3/7 days last week.
- Got in 4 meatless meals but no fish meals.
- Not meeting the coffee goal.
- Fiber...not met. 2 of the 3 days I tracked were over 30; my eating during the non-tracking days was pretty sporadic with respect to fiber.

Exercise goals:
I didn't meet my training goals, but I got in at least 30 minutes of activity 5/7 days.
I did 1 spin class on Tuesday, 1 BodyPump class on Wednesday...and was horribly sore the next day. I suspect I overdid it a bit. I rested on Thursday; did DVD workouts on Friday (the 10-minute segment "Fat Burning Blast" on the Kickboxing Bootcamp DVD, with "supah ehffective" burpees! And 20 minutes of yoga). I spent 1.5-2 hours in the pool each day on the weekend and did a lot of walking.

Misc. goals: I think I was a little short on the sleep.

Goals for this week

7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or make progress toward goal.

Food goals:
- Track, track, TRACK already!
- 4 or more meatless, low-fat meals and 2 or more fish meals.
- On work days, switch to tea and plain water after that first cup of coffee.
- Track fiber. Minimum 30 grams fiber/day. (Include both insoluble and soluble sources.)

Exercise goals:
Minimum of 30 minutes of workout 5 days/week. Workouts to include at least 1 bike, 1 run, and 1 swim per week, plus 2 strength training per week.

Misc. goals:
- 7 or more hours sleep/night.

3 comments:

Juice said...

Sounds like a whirlwind visit! Glad it went smoothly.

I can't wait to hear about your own tri!

Christie O. said...

good for you, some weightloss on the road! better than i did!!!

i was wondering what age the "are we there yets" come.. mine just scream and wail. glad you had a great trip!!

GET PUMPED GIRL! YOU'RE GONNA DO GREAT!!!

Lori said...

Thanks for the shoutout - you are going to do awesome on your triathlon and have a blast!

I can't stress enough how important the rest week is, though - so keep that in mind.