We enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend; our Independence Day was terrific. Things 1 & 2 wanted to be in the 4th of July parade, so we joined the "kids on bikes & trikes" contingent, sponsored by one of our local businesses, Cameron's Restaurant and Inn, and we even got coupons for free ice cream! The kids loved it--their scooters were quite festive!--and a couple of their friends from the neighborhood were also in the parade. Then in the afternoon, our neighbors a couple of doors down had their 25th annunal "doo dah" party: yummy potluck food, volleyball, and a musicians' jam session (folk & blues) in the back yard. We skipped the fireworks, because it looked foggy, but then we saw some of them over the rooftops of the houses, so we probably could have seen a decent show across the highway at the beach. OH well! We were pretty tired by the end of the day, and the kids aren't that into fireworks yet.
Progress last week
My test strip prescription ran out on Thursday, and I'm still waiting for the refill. So I'm flying blind currently. The readings I did get were good (88-92 for fasting; 90s post-meal).
Weight goal: +1 lbs. (Did not meet goal of either maintain or make progress toward goal. Up a total of 2.6 from my lowest. Darn!)
I ended up tracking 3/7 days last week.
- Got in 4 meatless meals but no fish meals.
- Does extra coffee count if you throw a couple of tablespoons of chia in it? Er...thought not. I didn't meet this goal at all.
- I rocked the fiber! On the 3 days I tracked, I got 30 grams or more, and I'm pretty sure the non-tracking days were at least in the 20s.
Met goals: Accomplished 1 spin class, 1 BodyPump class, 1 swim, 1 walking/strength, 1 run+strength, and 1 exercise DVD ("Tae Bo for Kids") with Thing 1.
Met my Women's Challenge goals for the week.
Misc. goals: Got adequate sleep. Mainly because I slept in, sloth-like, over the 3-day weekend.
Goals for this week
7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or make progress toward goal.
- Track, track, TRACK already!
- 4 or more meatless, low-fat meals and 2 or more fish meals.
- On work days, switch to tea and plain water after that first cup of coffee.
- Track fiber. Minimum 30 grams fiber/day. (Include both insoluble and soluble sources.)
Minimum of 30 minutes of workout 5 days/week. Workouts to include at least 1 bike, 1 run, and 1 swim per week, plus 2 strength training per week.
- 7 or more hours sleep/night.