Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Week 4 of the Holiday Hoedown!

UGH!!!!  I can't believe how the holidays went from nothing much going on to EVERYTHING going on!!!  Eeeeek!  But I know, that's what it usually does and we'll get through it.

So, how did last week go for this Tinsel Vixen?  Pretty well!
  • I exercised 285 minutes last week!  And I was so excited to meet my goal of 1000 miles of activity for this year! (I counted everything:  walking, running, biking, spinning, elliptical, and swimming.)  

  • I did the Tinsel Vixens Mini-circuit!  In case you're curious, here's what Team Tinsel Vixen came up with for a strength circuit. We did not specify weight or number of reps, but most routines I've seen recommend 10-15 reps (each side for the one-sided ones) in a set for the arms and legs.

  • Fruits & veggies?  You know it!
  • Water - I didn't track that this week, but with all the tea and coffee, I'm sure I was close.
  • Scale-wise, I'm down .6 lb from last Wednesday, to +.2 of the weight I was at the beginning of the challenge.  So I'd say that's moving in the right direction.  (Unfortunately, it's up a couple of pounds from Friday.  My week/weekend eating is kind of like Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde.)

  • Blood glucose levels: 7-day average is 101, fasting 7-day average is 103.
  • Fun stuff:  Got to see the Harry Potter 7 Part 1 movie.  Very well done, even if there were some parts that were filmed as an obvious bow to the 3-D movie experience - at least no gratuitous plot changes like in HP6, but I'm sure there were several side-story things that would make those who hadn't read the books wonder, "Huh?"  Mr. Handsome-and-Handy also got a date night to see rock guitarist Gary Hoey!  If you like rock & roll instrumentals, his "Ho Ho Hoey" series of Christmas albums are a treat. The show was FANTASTIC!  The venue was rather small, and there were way less people than we were expecting, but they put on a show worthy of a stadium.  Best of all, the band genuinely seemed to enjoy performing, and that makes for a good show.  I also took the kids to a great birthday party, which included a nature walk/scavenger hunt and playing in a ship-inspired fort and in the mud.
  • And aaaaaack!  I'm so far behind on my race report and book review!  I'll see what I can do, but I'm not sure I will be getting it done before next week.

11 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds like you've had a great week! I'm jealous! :)

Brooke said...

great job on the goals :)

and you know your public demands timely race reports as well as book reviews. maybe we'll grant you a stay as a Christmas gift

Lori said...

Sounds like you are doing good!

This time of year just gets so busy, doesn't it?

jaime said...

Great job on meeting your goals this week!!

debby said...

Oh good. I was beginning to think I had somehow missed the race report, or you had decided not to do one, and I was so disappointed! Maybe you can do it as a Christmas treat!

Wow, fantastic on the exercise, both for the year and for the week!

Anonymous said...

You are tearing it up! Great job!!

Biz said...

While I am proud of all your accomplishments, I have to admit before I read anything, I scroll down to see your blood sugar numbers, then jump back to the top to start reading.

So excited for your blood sugar numbers! :D

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 1k mile goal!! Super cool!! And geat job for the week too!

BakingWithoutABox said...

Tinsel Vixens! I love it! And kid birthday parties are so much cooler now.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing great - good luck getting everything done before the holidays!

Unknown said...

I have no idea why the days before Christmas speed up so dang fast, but what a great week! Love the you and Mr. Handsome-And-Handy had a date. (I take it you were his date, right?) Merry Christmas, Pubs. Looking forward to the race reports...in good time :)