- I am one strength exercising away from meeting my Women's Challenge goal for the week. (LOVE being on Team MizFit!!!)
- The Detroit Red Wings won Game 4. Decisively. :-D
- The SFGate.com parenting blog, "The Poop," had an article this week that is now one of my all-time favorites: "Benefits of Parenting: kids are optimistic". Things 1 and 2 are not all sunshine and rainbows all the time, but I love how often times it's the littlest things that make them giddy. (For example, thanks to Mr. Handsome-and-Handy-and-Innovative, the card game "Go Fish" has a new rule: if you get a pair of Jacks, you get to tickle the other players!)
- We're going to see the new Star Trek movie on opening weekend! We hardly ever go to movies together anymore, with babysitting being so expensive, but we always make an exception for Star Trek. (And you know something is funny when you get it sent to you from two people who usually do not bother forwarding humor stuff. From The Onion: "Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable'.")
- Oh, and for MizFit: On track with fiber goals (thanks, in part, to ch-ch-chia!), mostly on track with the coffee. Got an extra one after the dentist yesterday; it was just a cleaning, but boy, going there really stresses me out. Today, I just wanted a Friday treat, and it was the totally worth it, totally delightful cappuccino this morning (thank you, Three Bees barista!):
Hope everyone has a terrific Friday and weekend! Early "Happy Mother's Day" to all the gals out there, moms (of kids human or otherwise)/daughters/aunties/nieces/grandmas!