Monday, November 16, 2009

Just a couple of quick things...

Saturday was World Diabetes Day, and I participated in the Big Blue Test! To participate, one took one's blood glucose reading at 2 p.m. local time, exercised for 14 minutes (because WDD is on November 14), and then take another blood glucose reading after exercise. WOW! I'll be providing my results on Wednesday; you can read about FoodieMcBody's experience with the Big Blue Test on her blog. (We're in the same time zone, so we had some overlapping tweets regarding the test and our results, which was fun!)

If you're up between 1 a.m. PST and dawn on Tuesday (tomorrow!) morning, be sure to check out the Leonids meteor shower!

Back on Wednesday!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Can't wait to see your results! You really are an example of what healthy living can do for diabetes.

Fitness Surfer said...

Too cold for me...I know I'll lose patients after 5 min. Nice clear skies for the shower but low 20's just not worth it this time. If i were in Asia I'd be game...and warm =)

Anonymous said...

I have YET to see a meteor shower - too much light pollution in Baltimore. One day I'm going to have to plan a trip out west to coincide with a meteor shower! Thanks for the reminder...