Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Found my Christmas gifts this year

I know, August is a little early to be thinking about Christmas, but I ran across something interesting today.

For parents and selected relatives, we usually send consumable items. In years past, we've sent Kona coffee (yum!) and other sweet, edible things I ought not be thinking about so close to lunchtime. Recently, we've tried to be more cost-effective by baking cookies and sending them, but this year...I think we'll be scaling WAY back on the cookies.

Enter "3 Coffeys, No Sugar." While looking at the "Recent Headlines" on the Diabetes OC Website (oh...which is actually showing the Headlines page of "Diabetes Daily"), I found a diabetes blog today titled "Six Until Me." The most recent post features a heartbreaking yet inspiring interview with the family behind "3 Coffeys, No Sugar": three young siblings with Type 1 and their family, dealing with diabetes AND doing lots of great things to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

One of those things was partnering with Leaves & Beans Roasting Company on a special blend of their StoryTeller's Blends Coffees: "3 Coffeys, No Sugar." According to the interview on "Six Until Me," $7 of every pound is donated to the JDRF. Now, I'll drink (coffee) to that!

No comments: