Thursday, August 28, 2008

True or False: Does most of the weight we lose come straight off our busts?

There I was, standing in front of the mirror after my shower, feeling a little sad at the state of the girls. "Wouldn't ya know it...I always lose it straight from the bust!" I growled. But looks can be deceiving, so I decided to put this weight loss myth to the test. (Yes, the show Mythbusters is huge in our house...Thing 1 wants to be Jamie or Adam.)

So, I got out my measuring tape. And I measured. Well, well, well!

"You're not really going to share your measurements, are you?"

Well...(*gulp*)...yes. In the name of Science!

"Are you nuts?"

(probably!)







Myth confirmed! I really DO lose it more from the bust than anywhere else. Poor girls! I'll have to cheer them up and get them a pretty new bra or something. But real science types would hardly call my results conclusive...any challengers to these findings?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks down at tinytatas.


NOPE.

not gonna try and refute your study here.

M.

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

lol...perfect given part of my post! I will say though that mine just recently starting deflating. They decided to start shrinking about 2 weeks AFTER I spent $70 on new bras since the wires in my old ones were poking through. Hmmm....maybe I shouldn't have bought them, huh? lol.... But ya, the last 5 pounds seem to have been strictly from my chest. I was a pretty full D and now I'm a normal C. I'm actually fine with it...it's the hubs who is a bit sad!

Pubsgal said...

...to lose 80 pounds, you've added an important corollary: significant shrinkage occurs ONLY after you've invested a significant amount of money in new bras! :)