Good stuff I've noticed so far:
- My largest size pants (26W) are really, really baggy.
- Pants I haven't worn since I started working again fit nicely, and are even a little baggy in the thighs. How weird, though, how differently clothes are sized!
- No more worries about blouse buttons popping!
- Feeling really good on all levels! Physically, I'm feeling terrific and have much more energy than I used to. Mentally, I feel really positive. Sticking with exercise especially makes me feel happy, even when it's not progressing quickly and when I experience setbacks (tweaking a muscle, going on vacation), because it's a miracle to me that I'm doing it at all.
- Compliments from friends and family.
So yes, last Thursday my doctor prescribed metformin, 500 mg. in the morning for starters. I had a headache over the weekend, but it's hard to say that was whether I was stressed about starting it or something else. I did not have the unfortunate gastrointestinal symptoms people tend to have, but on the other hand, we're starting with a low dose. I don't think it's the extended release type. I've also felt a bit more tired than I had been feeling, getting out there and exercising has been a little more challenging, but I know those are other side effects, so I'm just pushing through it.