Shrink for Good Challenge - The Finale
Today, on Pubsgal's "Wide World of Cans":
I lost a net of 2.2 pounds during the challenge. I'd hoped for more, but on the other hand, I'm relieved that I experienced a net loss. Overall, there was a 14.8 pound fluctuation over the course of the challenge! So I think that would be a fitting donation. I gained a total of 6.4 pounds, and lost a total of 8.4 pounds. Wow. So I guess that if I hadn't tried at all, I would be back at 195.2; but on the other hand, if I'd tried harder, I could have been at 180.2.
In Other News...
Got my recent lab results. Holding steady with a 5.3% a1c! Woo hoo! And my cholesterol panel was terrific...triglycerides and cholesterol have never been lower, and I finally got my LDLs below 100, but my HDLs are way too low. The doctor has recommended 4 grams of omega 3 (fish oil) and aerobic exercise. (I couldn't help but snicker a little...she doesn't know I'd been training for a triathlon.) My previous doctor had mentioned the possibility of niacin, but I'm hoping we don't have to go there. So it looks like upping the fiber and the triathlon training helped with the rest of the panel. We'll see in a few months what happens with those HDLs.
Progress last week
7-day blood glucose average: 98 (met goal of less than 120)
7-day fasting blood glucose average: 99 (met goal of less than 120)
- Got in 4 meatless meals and 1 fish meal. (Met meatless, missed fish by 1)
- Fiber: at least 5/7 days were over 30.
Exercise goals: Not bad....The Friday and Monday rest days weren't exactly planned, but I think they helped. I felt good for the race and wonderful during and after spin class (mostly!). My legs are still a little sore.
- Wednesday: 60 minutes BodyPump
- Thursday: 60 minutes walk.
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: Rest
- Sunday: 5K race, about 8 miles of biking to and from town twice, 4 hour shift in the booth at the festival.
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: 60 minutes spin class (When I looked back over my logs, I noticed that I'd gone 5 weeks without spin class! Note to self: Do not go more than 2 weeks without spin class if you want to avoid having to, er, get used to mashed girly bits again.)
Goals for this week
7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or make progress toward goal.
- Keep tracking.
- 4 or more meatless, low-fat meals and 2 or more fish meals.
- Track fiber. Minimum 30 grams fiber/day. (Include both insoluble and soluble sources.)
Minimum of 30 minutes of activity 5 days/week. Prepare for the Theta Breakers 5K run on 11/8.
- 7 or more hours sleep/night.