It's a busy week (and month) ahead! My back is feeling tons better, so I'll be back at BodyPump on Wednesday! Yeay! And with wanting to do the ADA "Tour de Cure" ride in June, I need to make sure I get some biking or spinning on the training schedule. To do the ride, I'll need to first make sure I can do the 12 miles in a reasonable amount of time (on my April to-do list) , and second, see if I can raise at least half of the minimum ($150) fundraising requirement. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.
We've got a lot to do this week at home, too, with Thing 2's 5th birthday! We've made good progress on getting things prepared over the weekend. But there's still a bit of prep work to do and house cleaning. Mr. Handsome-and-Handy and I will be busy. Not to mention all the Easter prep the following week--whew!
Progress last week
7-day blood glucose average: 100 (met goal of less than 120)
7-day fasting average: 103 (met goal of less than 120, 100% of days)
Weight goal: -2.2 lbs (met goal of maintain or lose)
- Consumed 5 meatless, low-fat meals and 2 fish meals. (met meatless & fish meal goals)
- Ate >=40 grams of fiber 4 out of 6 days last week. (making progress toward the 50 grams/day)
- Did not meet goal of scaling back coffee.
Exercise goals: Walked (3x), ran (2x), or did elliptical (1x) at least 30 minutes/day 6x last week. Strength trained Friday and Monday. (met goals)
Misc. goals: Got adequate sleep all nights. Still struggling with post-dinner munchies. "See Jane Tri" registration on hold, due to technical difficulties; will try when they post the PDF form on their web site.
Well, this was weird, in a way. Month-to-month weight lost was -3.2 pounds, so I'm a little surprised at the significant drop in the hip measurement. I'm pretty sure I measured using the same bra as last month, but not 100% sure.
Bust: +.5 inch (-9.5 inches total)
Waist: Same (-8 inches total)
Hips: -1.25 inch (-8.5 inches total)
Thighs: +.25 inch (-2 inches total)
Goals for this week
7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or lose.
- 4 or more meatless, low-fat meals and 2 or more fish meals.
- Scale back to 1 coffee/day, with mostly almond milk; drink more tea and plain water
- Pack additional veggie snacks for afternoon instead of going for the nuts.
- Track fiber; work up to consuming 50 grams fiber/day (25 grams insoluble, 20 grams soluble)
- 5x30 cardio (include 2 runs and 2 bike/spin)
- 2 strength training
- 7 or more hours sleep/night.
- Brush and floss teeth right after dinner!
- Register for the "See Jane Tri" event in September!