Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weekly update, 2/17/09

Busy times....Here's the weekly update!

Progress last week
7-day blood glucose average: 97 (met goal of <120)
7-day fasting: 99 average, all days <120 (met goal of <120 every day)
Weight goal: -.8 (met goal of maintain or lose)
Food goals: Consumed 7 meatless, low-fat meals and 2 fish meals. (met goals)
Exercise goals: 4x30 min. cardio, including 2 runs. Attended BodyPump class and worked out with weights at home. (Missed exercise goals by 1 cardio, 1 run.)
Misc. goals: Met my Q1 '09 goal of running a 5K race. Got adequate sleep all nights. Am documenting my adventures with Mary Lou's Platform. Tried chia; I couldn't find the whole seeds, but I found some ground chia seed fiber. I like it in green tea (which I've dubbed my "pond scum special") and in yogurt, not so much in soup. Missed my goal of attending the gym's Hatha yoga class this week. Refining food goals for better HDL/LDL still on the to-do list.

Goals for this week

7-day blood glucose average goal and fasting numbers: below 120.
Weight goal: Maintain or lose.
Food goals: 4 or more meatless, low-fat meals and 2 or more fish meals.
Exercise goals: At least 30 minutes of cardio 5 days, plus 2 days of arms & abs strength training workouts. For cardio, do at least 3 runs, weather permitting (Weather-permitting=not raining and temperature over 40 degrees).
Misc. goals:
7 or more hours sleep/night.
Continue Adventures with Mary Lou.
Try the Hatha Yoga class at the gym this week.
Refine my nutritional goals regarding fiber and fats, to improve HDL/LDL numbers.

*New misc. goals this week*: Compliment/encourage at least 3 people offline this week, and talk to at least 1 other gym-goer. I feel like I've been on the receiving end a lot lately, both on- and offline, and in a way I think it's a "cosmic hint" to me to pass it on to others in the "offline" world. I'm kind of shy about doing so in person. And I'm still *really* shy about the fellow gym-goers...I tend to not even make eye contact or smile, which is silly of me...why do I see this as "different" somehow from passing people during my runs?

No comments: