Thursday, September 4, 2008

Quotable Friday!

"You have to sniff out joy. Keep your nose to the joy trail." ~ Buffy St. Marie
In my case, I'm keeping my wheels to the "joy trail" and sniffing the salty sea air! I went on a bike ride yesterday morning on our local coast trail, and this time I took a few photos to share. They're a little blurry, because I was using my iPhone rather than a proper camera, but you can see why I enjoy my weekly ride and will miss it when the mornings get too dark to use the trail. Oh well, that's what weekends are for, right?
This:
Plus this:
Equals This:
"Joy is the feeling of grinning inside." ~ Dr. Melba Colgrove
"When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace, love, prosperity, happiness... all the good things." ~ Maya Angelou
"One joy shatters a hundred griefs." ~ Chinese Proverb
I'll try to keep the next three in mind next time I'm flossing my teeth....
"Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing." ~ William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), Troilus and Cressida, Act 1, Scene 2

"Winning is important to me, but what brings me real joy is the experience of being fully engaged in whatever I'm doing." ~ Phil Jackson

"Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile." ~ Sir Wilfred Grenfell (1865 - 1940)
And finally...
"A sense of humor...is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life." ~ Hugh Sidney
Hope you enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

Joy's Journey in Weightloss said...

Loving the Joy quotes! I will think about them on this long journey!! Love the trail pics!!!

Unknown said...

Love the quotes, love this post. LOVE riding bike, too :) Hope you had a great weekend, my friend!

Pubsgal said...

Thanks, gals! :-) (And yep, I thought you'd like the "joy" quotes, Joy!)