Friday, September 12, 2008

Quotable Friday!

"Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for." ~ Earl Warren (1891-1974)
I like the sentiment, although my "worthwhile" stuff is pretty tame and not the type you catch hell for...unless you count Thing 1 and Thing 2's sassy moments.

Well, I had started out writing a maudlin post. I'm sure many of you know feeling, that "I've-come-so-far-but-I'm-still-toting-that-large-Baskin-Robbins-
Peanut-Butter-and-Chocolate-shake-from-2002-on-my-left-hip" mood.

But I pressed the Delete button. Who the heck wants maudlin on a Friday?!?! I felt a little bad for letting down the "Hot for the Holidays" crew over on Baby Tea Leaves. Zero loss this week, but you know? I'm gonna stick with it and be the comeback kid next week. Unless I've totally jinxed things by joining a group weight loss challenge in the first place...but that would be superstitious, now, wouldn't it? Do you have any weight loss superstitions?

In other news, less than 6 weeks until the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Run!
"I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready-ready-ready-ready-ready." ~ SpongeBob SquarePants
(That's going to be my spec-of-a-head way in the back of the photo in the 2008 picture, baby!) Just feeling a residual endorphin high from running today. I ran 5K for the first time since high school this morning, just to be sure I could do it for the big day (and in less time than it would take for everyone to pack up and head home). I did it in 55 minutes AND then got home and helped pack lunches and get kids and self out the door. I bring home the bacon AND fry it up on an electric griddle, too, now that I think of it.... (The pan's too darn small for my merry bacon-lovin' crew.)

And I'll sign off with this cheerful thought:
"What do those of us who aren't tall, flawlessly sculpted adolescents do? Answer: Console ourselves with how relative beauty can be. Thank heaven for the arousing qualities of zest, intelligence, wit, curiosity, sweetness, passion, talent, and grace." ~ Diane Ackerman, author, from her book A Natural History of the Senses
Have a ZESTY weekend!

1 comment:

Joy's Journey in Weightloss said...

Remember that the scale is just showing a trend. Even if you have not lost this week, you have continued your trend of fitness by exercising. It will show up on the scale if you keep at it. Your fitness inspires me!