Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekly weigh-in: -43

Yep, if we compare this number with last week's number, it's true: I'm up one pound this week. First gain in quite some time. It sucks, but on the other hand, it certainly brings me back to being mindful of what I need to do and to keep the motivation sharper.

I was happy, then, that MizFit's post today was about gratitude, and the Bumbling Band had lots of great comments about the things for which they're grateful. Very timely. Reminded me of the quote from X-Files: "If coincidences are coincidences, why do they feel so contrived?" (Agent Mulder in the episode "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose") And there was also Pasta Queen's confession, which left me feeling less alone in the struggle.

So...now for the analysis. It's boring and for me, so if anyone's reading, feel free to stop reading here and go check out last Friday's pirate post instead. While I do think it has a lot to do with a certain time of the month approaching, I'd rather not blame it all on that. I'll be taking a look at my log and see which areas need better focus:

- Water: I tend to do better when I stay hydrated. I didn't keep up with that last week.
To do:
8x8x7!

- Exercise: Due to morning schedule constraints, I ran less in the morning (20-30 minutes instead of 30-45 minutes). I did go for walks on days when I couldn't run at least 30 minutes, but walking does burn less calories than running. I also did strength training only twice last week, so this weekend I'll make sure to do some. (Weekends are typically my days off from working out, but not from being active, and we were a bit less so, especially on Sunday.)
To do:
Stay consistent (keep cardio 60x5), add an extra day of strength training.

- Food: I didn't go terribly off plan, but I have been eating more than planned in the evenings, and this week that bit me. I tend to pick at the yummy grilled meat waiting to be put away! Also, I need to take the almonds home and leave them there. I manage to make them last pretty well, and they are healthy, but they tend to end up being extra instead of planned-for parts of my day.
To do: No picking! Brush teeth before putting away the food or have a sugar-free mint in my mouth while doing so. Take the almonds home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brushing my teeth right after dinner, and even after lunch really keeps me from snacking all of the time.